What does ‘portable’ long service mean?
How does it work?
How is long service different from superannuation?
What do I have to do?
- Keep your contact details up to date
- We regularly send you important information about your record. If you change your contact details please tell us. You can change your details online here. If you cannot be contacted you may lose your entitlements.
- Check your Annual Statement
- Every year we will make available to you a statement that details the service recorded. You can also view your service anytime in the portal. If there is service missing, you need to complete a record update form. For more details about the scheme please click here.
When can I claim?
What do I do if I have been working interstate?
How many credited days equal a year?
How much will it cost you as a worker in the industry?
For more information on who pays for the scheme you can visit our website
What should I do if I receive more than one statement?
This usually means you have more than one registration. If you do have more than one registration number, please let us know in the portal, we will then advise you of the correct number to use.
If you didn't receive your Registration Confirmation or Reset Password Email
Not sure where that email was sent? Here are some tips to help you find it.
When you register for access to the Worker Portal we require you to verify your registration. To do this we send you an email with a link for you to click on. This same process applies if you have forgotten your password. If you can't find the email after we send it, these steps can help.
1. Search for the email
We'll send the email from firstname.lastname@example.org so you can quickly search for it. If it isn't in your inbox, check your folders. If a spam filter or email rule moved the email, it might be in the Spam, Junk, Trash, Deleted Items, or Archive folder.
2. Make sure you're checking the correct email account
If you're looking for a password reset email or a registration confirmation email, make sure you're checking the correct email inbox. It will be sent to the email address you entered.
3. Make sure that you're getting email
If you're not getting any email, you might need to contact your email service provider for help.
4. Contact Us
You can call the Corporation on 13 14 41 and one of our staff will assist you.
Why is the Building Industry Scheme different?
What is long service?
Long service leave is a benefit available to most NSW workers, where they take two months of paid leave after they have worked for the same employer for 10 years and one month of paid leave for every five years of service after that.
For more details on the scheme you can visit our website